
- Thomas with a long-time friend from Portland, Kian. After we got home Thomas was singing, "Kian, Kian, Kian, Kian." He has found a new buddy.

This was a special moment - me tickling Thomas in the car... what a laugh.
Another long time friend, Mike Leon (now known as Mike De Leon - his artist name) has his art show opening in downtown San Francisco. We drove up to see it and I was very inspired! We were room mates over 10 years ago. Back then we were both working on our thesis together as we finished our final years of undergraduate work.
We cried, laughed and struggled on top ramen - but ultimately made it through. Since then, we have gone on to work, move our families to the Bay Area and have children. My wife helped them deliver their little girl, we have gone on vacations together, etc... and now he just fininshed studying at Berkley with some famous art dude that I have no idea what his name is. This piece below? It's yours for the small sum of $60,000.

And you can stick these on your mantel for $1,700 - I just asked him to still talk with me once he hits it big :)

This is the exact place I was standing over 13 years ago when a man named John O'hara walked up to me out of the blue and asked me to attend his church. I went there to take this picture when I was in Portland. Little would I know that this 1 minute interatction would change the direction of my life. I don't think a day goes by that I don't think about it and thank God that he allowed me to be standing there. John is now teaching my son, Wesley, in his class on Sunday - how ironic?

Today's most special moment was while I was at work with a vendor/client of mine. The phone rang and it was Wesley (via a little help from mom). He said, "dad, guess what? I just got my red ribbon in swimming class!" He was bubbling with enthusiasm. "And dad I did all my swimming right. And I listened to my teacher. And now I am going to lunch with mom. And Dad." he said. "yes?" I replied. "I love you. And I miss you." That was enough to melt a man's heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment