Friday, August 10, 2007

blog 7-10-07


A Message from Dad... Or ten reasons I am thankful that Wendy is my wife and the mother of my children.

 

I have to say that I am incredibley and amazingly proud of my wife. She has completely transformed herself as of late. I commonly refer to her as super mom! Here are just a few of the amazing feats that she has perfomed over the past few months:

  1. She is working hard on her spiritual self. What I mean is that she is spending time reading her bible, thinking about ways to change in her relationship with God and praying.
  2. She has been running 3+ miles a day 3x's a week for over 5 months.
  3. She has had a terrific attitude while I work an obscene number of hours and manages our household like any of the best CEO's in the valley.
  4. She has been very resourceful and focused on taking care of all 3 boys. For example (per the post below), she took all of them to Bodega Bay yesterday (2 hours one way) and played all day at the beach. Ambitious, bold and amazingly loving. The boys seem to be very secure. And I cannot help but think that it has much to do with the fact that their mom will do all these things and in addition, roll down the hill with them.
  5. She has been building new friendships with women around her and branching out.
  6. She has been part of a "mommy" board for over 6 years and continues to influence women all over the country in a positive way.
  7. She is recycling, thinking about how to reduce our "footprint" and wants to get a car that is more environmentally friendly (my mom is very proude, to say the least).
  8. She has been supportive and very, very loving towards me - even when I have been not so...
  9. She is managing our finances.
  10. She cooks meals almost every day and many times has a plan for the entire week.

 

1 comment:

Heather said...

jeeesh Wendy, scale it back a little, your making us look bad :)
Whew, that beach thing got me, 2 hours ONE way!! I'd marry you if I was'nt already spoken for :)