Sunday, December 16, 2007

High Point, Low Point




We have this thing we do at dinner called "High Point, Low Point" where we talk about the best and worst things that happened that day. It's too bad we didn't have dinner all together tonight because we would have had a lot to discuss!

High Point: Thomas going to his first performance of the Nutcracker at the San Francisco Ballet. I made him dress up (surely his low point, he was miserable) and Jason and Thomas had their own little father-son night. They went to dinner, ate a big chocolate cake, saw the show, and Thomas got to pick out his very own nutcracker...he picked one "WITH A SWORD!" The Nutcracker night is sort of a coming of age tradition, each boy gets to go when he turns four. He looked so happy tonight when they came home.

Low Point: Because Wesley and I didn't get to go this year, and we love to go together, I promised to take him ice skating at the Holiday Ice Rink in downtown SF. We bundled up with Nathan in tow and drove up to the city, parked in the garage, waited in line for over half an hour while Nathan screamed...to find out the rink was SOLD OUT for the next three hours! That would have started our skating at 8pm on a school night. Um, no. We were all SO. DISAPPOINTED. I'm still having a hard time getting over it! I just felt so bad that he looked forward to it for so long and we had to walk away. I'll take him in January...but let's just say this evening was sort of a low point for three of us.

Ah well, I did get a pretty sweet picture of the Ferry Building, so the night wasn't a total waste. :)

1 comment:

Lorissa said...

Definitely a "high point, low point" night for the fam. Thanks for your Christmas card!!! I don't think we'll get ours out this year so don't take it personally when you don't get one from us. We're just too crazy busy and pooped to get it done this year :(

But a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all. Maybe we should hook up in the new year?!