
Most nights at dinner we do high point, low point. Thomas has finally figured out that high point is something encouraging and low point is something not so encouraging. Yesterday morning he and I had breakfast (special time). At dinner he shared that his high point was special time with dad.
This morning Wesley and I went to breakfast. He ate two whole breakfast sandwiches, orange juice and a scone - a glimpse of my future? I asked him what he thought we could work on in our relationship. He said that mom's were easier to talk to than dad's and that you got in less trouble talking with mom. So I said, "OK, I can work on that. I want to make sure we are able to communicate." He said, "Dad, stop. Uh, we are talking right now."
Tonight as we read before bed time and talked about animal trivia I had a moment of pure encouragement that I get to sit and be a part of the growth of these boys. What a privilege!
This morning Wesley and I went to breakfast. He ate two whole breakfast sandwiches, orange juice and a scone - a glimpse of my future? I asked him what he thought we could work on in our relationship. He said that mom's were easier to talk to than dad's and that you got in less trouble talking with mom. So I said, "OK, I can work on that. I want to make sure we are able to communicate." He said, "Dad, stop. Uh, we are talking right now."
Tonight as we read before bed time and talked about animal trivia I had a moment of pure encouragement that I get to sit and be a part of the growth of these boys. What a privilege!
No comments:
Post a Comment