Last night Wendy and I were able to get away and spend some time together in Solvang, CA. The boys stayed with some good friends and we drove down in the morning.
The best part (other than getting some one on one time with my wife) was catching up with one of my best childhood friends, Jason Spelbring. From 4th grade through the beginning of high school we spent many days together. Then we lost touch - until last night!
I am very proud of what he is doing and look forward to catching up more and staying in touch. He was in this musical last night in Solvang;
www.ppca.com
The best part (other than getting some one on one time with my wife) was catching up with one of my best childhood friends, Jason Spelbring. From 4th grade through the beginning of high school we spent many days together. Then we lost touch - until last night!
I am very proud of what he is doing and look forward to catching up more and staying in touch. He was in this musical last night in Solvang;

It was a very moving story that I had not seen before. I cried through the first half... I absolutely love musicals and it was extra special to be with my wife on a beautiful night, outside and to have a good friend in the show....
He reminded me that back in junior high we started a band named; S.T.O.P (stupid trendies on pills). This is another moment that I must have blocked out as I had no recollection whatsoever. Apparently, I was playing drums, he was singing and another friend was on guitar. I believe him. But I have no idea what happened to the drums or the band... I do like the name... Maybe someday in our 60's we can take it up again.

Jason, thanks for a great night and great memories!
He reminded me that back in junior high we started a band named; S.T.O.P (stupid trendies on pills). This is another moment that I must have blocked out as I had no recollection whatsoever. Apparently, I was playing drums, he was singing and another friend was on guitar. I believe him. But I have no idea what happened to the drums or the band... I do like the name... Maybe someday in our 60's we can take it up again.

Jason, thanks for a great night and great memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment