Here are some of the highlights:
Nathan - out cold - too cute!

Where am I?

Wesley is a great big brother so far. He absolutely adores Nathan and shows his affection often.

Saturday morning I took Thomas and Wesley to play soccer at our E-Soccer program. We have started going most Saturdays. It takes a little to get them motivated. However, it is very inspiring and encouraging to see them get involved, playing with the other kids and getting coached. Wesley starts by saying I don't want to go I want to play in the park. So I told him he could either sit and watch his brother play or get on the field. He sat for about five minutes then called me over and said, "Dad, I am bored. I think I have changed my mind. I want to play."
Thomas goes out and, other than getting distracted sometimes (he's 2.5) he does real well.

Afterward, I let them tromp through the puddle left from the sprinklers. They were drenched head to toe. Thomas took a spill but got right up and went back after it. I love it.

Saturday night we had our friends, Jonathan & Kelly Hudgins (see link to familyhudgins.blogspot.com to right) over for a BBQ. They brought their three kids (Jacob, Miles and Ava) over. It's fun to have friends with similar things going on (ie; 3 kids). We had a great time.

Sunday - Jonathan offered to take Wesley on a hike with Jacob. That was great! It gave Wendy some time to hang. I had the opportunity to take Thomas to get some ice cream (he was absolutely devastated that he couldn't go on the hike). Then late that night I went out to play some basketball. These two teens showed up that absolutely schooled me. I sat there thinking I am 33 years old. These two guys are half my age and they are very, very good. It was quite a humbling moment.
Till next time...
1 comment:
OOOO Nathan is soooooo cute, I love the picture with the big eyes. I'm sure you guys are really tired. He's a real cutie, I love all the hair.
Post a Comment