Monday, May 29, 2006

Dreams; from the mind of a 2 year old

The last two nights I have had the late shift; 4am-whenver he decides to go back to sleep. In addition to Nathan, Thomas has had some dreams that have scared him so it has been the three of us up in the wee hours of the morning.

Two nights ago Thomas woke screaming (around the exact same time Wendy said to me, "can you please get up and take Nathan"). I went in, Nathan screaming in one arm asking Thomas what was wrong?

"There's ants crawling on me." he cried

"Son, I think you are dreaming." I said

But he wouldn't have it. So I got him up and we all went to the office. Eventually we all fell back asleep. This morning at the same time only now he says snails are getin me!

So we went through the same routine. But I asked him about his dream and he says, "there was a tunnel in our house and there was a snail and I had jelly on my finger and the snail was gonna eat me!" I woulda been screaming too!!!

Yesterday we went on a walk. Thomas rode his trike all the way around the block for the first time. It was pretty exciting. It was good as Wesley has had no interest in anything with peddles so it motivated him. Maybe I shouldn't have used the fact that his younger brother was peddling get him to and prick his pride to get him going but I did. I also used ice cream to blatantly bribe him. The combination between the two seemed to work. And he began to get the concept and like it.

Our new house of 5 is very busy. Check in to see how we are progressing...

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's funny!! Jack has been waking up latley saying there are flys on him. I try to convince himn that there are no flies in his room but he just twitches and wiggles until I lay down with him until he goes back to sleep.

asianarnold1 said...

Hey! it's Jeff and Gretchen from Sac. Love your blog! Congrats on the new baby. We're still on #2. Check out our(mostly jeff's) blog: asianarnold1.blogspot.com