Friday, September 29, 2006

Grateful? Friday


I need to do a "Grateful Friday" post today. Because I need to get grateful! This past few weeks-months-years have been so busy. I am starting to feel very fried. My day starts at 5:00 when Nathan has decided it's time to get up, and last night I was cleaning the kitchen at 10:30pm after grocery shopping, after dinner, etc. etc. I know this is the job of a mom...but it's harder than I ever imagined. At least I have good company.

Back to the things I'm GRATEFUL for.

1. Wesley can READ! Maestra Marisol sent him to the 2nd grade class yesterday to read a poem to the class all by himself. I am so proud. I had no idea he could do this.

2. Nathan is getting such a personality. He is eating cereal and applesauce and carrots and so far loves them all. I am amazed at his joy and vigor for such a little guy.

3. I really enjoy spending time with Thomas on Thursdays and Fridays when he is out of school. We have never really had this time together before since he was a baby. He's a trooper when it comes to doing errands, and he always has a smile and a hello for the people we meet.

4. I am in a new group at church and I have the opportunity to make some new friends. Everyone has been so welcoming and loving already. I was really nervous about it but I think all is going to be okay.

5. It's fall and that means Pumpkin Spice Latte season!

6. My girls weekend to Chicago is in TWO WEEKS!

7. We have a new bed, I haven't woke up with a backache all week. And J can stretch out now like he loves. It must be working because we have overslept every day this week.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this list. Whenever John and I dream of what to do with extra money someday, we always dream about a new bed, a big, soft, fluffy bed, with soft sheets, and a new comforter, and a beautiful frame, and new pillows, o I could go on and on, someday.