I realized recently that I have been completely silent on the blog for some number of months (maybe years) now. Like most other technologies that I introduce Wendy to she actually begins to enjoy and utilize it consistently.
I don't mind and think that she is doing a terrific job updating the world on the happenings in our lives.
I don't have any cool pictures to post (although I would like to but don't actually have the energy to do so). However, we received a very cool memo from the Principal of Wesleys school this week that I wanted to share. It reads as follows:
A Message from the Principal
We are proud to announce that Adelante School has been named a Title 1 Academic Achievement Award Winner by the California State Department of Education! The Title 1 Academic Achievement Awards Program recognizes schools that are demonstrating success in ensuring that ALL students are making significant progress toward proficiency on California's academic content standards. We are proud of the work we do at Adelante to ensure all of our students are making gains in their academic achievement while learning two languages!!
Furthermore, it is important to note that the students at Adelante School are performing as well, or better in some cases, than students in schools that actively recruit and accept only the highest performing students. We are proud to offer a "gifted program" for all students, not just a select few."
Wow! I was very encouraged. I didn't know what all the cool lingo meant until the second paragraph. But I am thankful that Wesley is getting the opportunity to learn two languages at such a young age (he loves it and his brothers can go since he was accepted) and that he is at a school that is doing very, very well. Most of all - it if public and free :)
Lastly, his teacher is absolutely amazing and really loves the kids. We asked the Principal (as did other students upon her prompting) to let her move up to first grade with them and that may happen. In addition, Thomas, even though he is only 3 has a good relationship with her and gets to interact. It's quite fun.
Until next time...
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment