
I've always liked having a kitchen window. I spend a lot of time right there at the sink, so it gives me a little peek at the outside world, and I can frame it however I want. I always have one of those crazy windowsills with lots of trinkets on it. I like to put stuff there that I think is kind of special. Right now there are lots of interesting things:
A "Bienvenue" sign, that makes me think of my day in France last summer.
An empty bottle of limoncello from Capri, Italy. It tasted fantastic.
An empty bottle of McMenamins Sunflower IPA. Best brewery on earth, not found in California...
A favorite scripture that reminds me of what to do each day.
A "Battlefield of the Mind" calendar that Jason gave me to help me overcome negative thinking.
Several crafts that Thomas made...butterflies, an apple, a bowl, a multicolored vase
A martini glass...why? Who knows? It's pretty...
A teacup from a set Jason and I found at an estate sale years ago when we first moved to California. They are still my favorite dishes! The cup is full of shells we all found on the beach last summer in Half Moon Bay.
A full bottle of limoncello from Capri. That one's not to be opened. It's such a pretty color.
It may seem like junk to some, but it's little bits of my life, and I like it. I hope I always have a kitchen window. If not, I'll just get out the saw. haha
1 comment:
I like your windowsill, It's pretty, i always like looking at what people have on their window sills, Your new banner looks great too.
Post a Comment