As a proud father of a 1st grader (and a kindergartener and toddler) I thought it fitting to post a bit about Wesley's parent-teacher conference today. I was not there due to some meetings. However, when Wendy came home and shared with me I had to brag just a bit.
His teacher, Maestra Marisol, who is a terrifice teacher, said he is very advanced and doing quite well! Of course, that is always encouraging for a father to hear. Then Wendy showed me his school journal and I had to post - it is, of course, in spanish (I will translate - via Wendy's help - but it you need a cool tool to translate you can always use babelfish.yahoo.com - works well):
From Wes's journal:
Esto es lo que paso en el fin de semana. Primeo, yo estaba malito porque tenke fiebre. Despues, mi mama me dio medicina. Al final, yo me recupere y ya me siento bien. Asi pase el fin de semana.
Translation:
This is what happend this weekend. First, I had a fever. Next my mom gave me some medicine. Finally, I recuperated and felt better. That is what happened on the weekend.
Now if that was not cool enough, he had all the puncuation, grammer and accents correct. I am sure I did not. Great job Wesley!!
My rant about language development; we are one of the only countries in the world that do not require a second language for our kids. I have always wanted Wes and the boys to learn and what a great time for them to learn as their brains are like sponges. He loves it and is doing quite well.
Thomas starts in the fall and is really excited to spend time with his brother at school. Soon I will have to learn because I know they will talk code if I don't. My opinion - put your child in an environment to learn a second language.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment