
I was just outside with Thomas breaking down the recycling boxes and putting out the trash. That alone was a moment of great encouragement. The a man walked up, stopped and said, "I am trying to keep up with my doctor. She said if I walk that I am in good health and will live another 35 years." then he walked off.
I just stood there and watched him walk down the street and my mind began to calculate. That would put him at 72 years old. That means that he has already lived 2 of my lives and is walking with the intent of living one more of the entire time I have lived!
I think God sent him to encourage me to have perspective. I am often very short sighted when it comes to problems, challenges and place in life (more on that later). In any case, I am taking my wife out to dinner and a date...
No comments:
Post a Comment