
Today is a really sad day for me and about 65 of my friends. Some of you may know I've been part of an online Mommies group for over 7 years, since we were all pregnant with October 2001 babies (Wesley). For all this time we have checked in on each other every day, writing about our kids, our relationships, our jobs, what's in the crock pot for dinner, our political and religious views. We've argued, we've made up, we've answered a gazillion quiz questions, we've shared photos of ourselves, our homes, our lives. We even flew to Chicago to see each other a year ago. Through 6 moves in four cities and two states, I've had a bond with the same group of women from around the world through almost a decade of my life. Today we lost one of our own. Katie Roth was diagnosed with colon cancer out of the blue about seven weeks ago...and today she is gone. The rest of us have sort of sat around the computer all day, not having the words to say to comfort each other, or to explain why awful things happen to good people.
I'm sure a lot of people think it's incredibly strange to be upset about losing someone I've never actually met in person. It's hard to explain but I feel I knew Katie at least as well if not better than I know a lot of people that I see face to face regularly. My heart and my prayers are going out to Katie's husband Jake, and their 3 beautiful kids, Jadyn (6), Brynne (4) and little baby Jake (9 months). Katie, it was such a pleasure knowing you.
I'm sure a lot of people think it's incredibly strange to be upset about losing someone I've never actually met in person. It's hard to explain but I feel I knew Katie at least as well if not better than I know a lot of people that I see face to face regularly. My heart and my prayers are going out to Katie's husband Jake, and their 3 beautiful kids, Jadyn (6), Brynne (4) and little baby Jake (9 months). Katie, it was such a pleasure knowing you.
1 comment:
Oh Wendy..this is heartbreaking and I'm so so sorry.
Post a Comment