Friday, June 06, 2008

Sort of empty

The Bay Area seems sort of emptier than usual the past couple of days.

My Friday morning was sort of empty.

I'm feeling sort of empty.

My best friend, my every day phone call, my person I talk to when the house is a mess and the first grader is eating me out of the house and the middle one is calling from the bathroom to check his bottom and the little one is screaming to get on my lap, the person who understands that VERY MOMENT... just moved 3000 miles away to Boston.

I know it's good for them, I am happy that they are near their family and living in the woods and I know everything will be wonderful, but right now I'm feeling a little sorry for myself and for what I have lost. I know we will be friends forever, but who's going to come over and go through my closet and swap clothes with me since we wear the same size and shop at all the same stores? Who's going to swing by and pick me up a Peet's on the way to the park on Friday mornings? Who am I going to hook my kids up with when they ask is Miles coming over today?

I'm sure there will be someone, and I am so thankful for my other friends who have been calling me and writing on my Facebook wall and making sure I'm not drowning in my own tears. But today, I miss Kelly.

1 comment:

Heather said...

ooooh I'm really sorry. I know it's so hard.