Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Let the summer break....BEGIN.


For the first time in over six years this family is daycare and preschool FREE!

Today was Thomas' last day of preschool at the Montessori school. It was largely unceremonious, he just wanted to get started on summer vacation so he could play with our new neighbor Luka and not have to take naps every day. Don't get me wrong, the preschool was great. He learned to read and write and where all the continents are located and how to clean up his lunch mess, all things I find vital in our society. But I was actually more excited about finding a Beatles Yellow Submarine t-shirt in his cubby than I was sad or emotional that today was his last day. I remember bawling at Wesley's last day of preschool. Of course that was with Nana and Mike who I kibbutzed with for hours every day at dropoff and pickup. Montessori is more of an institution. At any rate, Thomas is done! Two months of total freedom until kindergarten! Here's to you, my new big boy. Enjoy!

No comments: